Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meandering News Update

Tule Elk at Pierce Point by Ted Rathbun Stan Walker is obviously doing a great job as a hike leader.  He must have spent hours working on his “Elk Call” in order to scare up this buck “shot” (with a camera) by Ted Rathbun during Tuesday’s Pierce Point hike at Point Reyes National Seashore.

In case you didn’t receive Wendy’s latest e-mail, here’s an update on her status:  “Good news! I saw the doctor today and x-rays show I'm healing well.  I can start physical therapy next week. Meanwhile, I can sleep without the brace which I very much look forward to!  September 30 is the next landmark.  That's the date I start 50% weight bearing.  Thanks again for your cards, emails, phone calls, and assistance this last month.  I think we're finally turning a corner!”

(Dick Jordan is off to British Columbia.  You can follow his misadventures on his trip blog, O Canada!  Meandering hike previews will be sent to your e-mail in-box while he is gone.)

No comments: