Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hike Locally, Think Globally

Susan Alcorn Camino Chronicle Susan Alcorn, one of Dick Jordan’s fellow members of Bay Area Travel Writers, writes about hiking in the Bay Area and elsewhere around the world for the on-line site examiner.com.  One of the photos Dick took during a Meandering hike at Olompali State Park was used to illustrate Susan’s examiner.com story about hiking there.

Susan’s “trail name” is “Backpack45.”  She has a blog, Backpack45’s Musings, and a Website, Shepherd Canyon Books.

1 comment:

Susan "Backpack45" Alcorn said...

Thank you, Dick, I appreciate the mention and hope that I can join your group one of these days. This is such a great time of year to be out; I'm making good use of the warm & sunny days.
I'm chomping at the bit to revisit favorite trails on and near Mt. Diablo and would love to hike again in Marin -- Cataract Falls, Steep Ravine, Pierce Point are among my favorites over there. I have fond memories of hiking with friends in Olompali, too.
We are so lucky to live in the Bay Area with its wealth of hiking trails.
Happy trails!