Friday, May 9, 2008

Spicing Up Your "Trail Life"

Mushrooms. Little yellow flowers. Little white flowers. Bugs. Birds. Yawn!

If "Meandering In Marin" is just t-o-o t-a-m-e for you, there's another hike you can take to "spice up your trail life". Nancy Skinner, who was Wendy's predecessor as leader of the "Meandering" hikes was featured in the Marin I-J's Liefestyles section last Thursday (May 1st). She is the official historian of The Mountain Tamalpais Interpretive Association (Dick Jordan and his wife, Cindy, went along on several of Nancy's "history hikes" on Mt. Tam back in the 1980's).

Nancy's monthly "Sex On The Mountain" hike on Tam is what caught the I-J's attention, but these treks probably aren't as "steamy" (it's hard to find the trail when your sunglasses are all fogged up) as the story's screaming headline ("X-Rated Hiking") would imply. According to the I-J, Nancy (now a 77-year old grandma) says "I talk mostly about insects, and I throw in a couple of flowers, how they keep the gene pool wide," she explains. "Then I talk about genetics, that sort of thing." (Click here to read the I-J story about Nancy and her "sensual" hike).

No comments: