Saturday, August 21, 2010

Helping Care for Wendy

Wendy is scheduled to return home from Marin General Hospital about noon today (Saturday, 8/21) and will need some assistance at home for a while.  In case you didn't receive it, here's Karin Thoreson's suggestions for helping her out:

"I visited Wendy and Bill in the hospital this afternoon.  I mentioned Pegge's plan to discuss how to help with Wendy's care. 

Since the in-home caregiver will be leaving Sunday, she will need one of us with her for at least 8 hours a day starting Monday.  I will be with Wendy Monday, so you guys can get a calender out and decide who can take which "shift".  We can start out with 4 hour shifts,  8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday.  This will last for three weeks.  Evenings and weekends I'm not sure about - Bill and Wendy can let us know what's best when they get settled in.


I'm not a member of any social website such as Facebook, so I don't have a place to create a calender where everyone could sign up for a shift and see what's available.  If anyone knows how to do this, it would be great if you could set it up.  


Another idea is to bother poor Dick Jordan on his vacation and see if he can create a comments section on his blog.  We could write which shift we want in the comments section, and everybody else could see it .  If anyone knows of a blog where we could this, that would be great. 

I'll be the coordinator for this, so Bill can go and coordinate all the other things he has to do.  Please write me at happywalker1@comcast.net.  Pegge, I'll keep my cell phone on while I'm at Wendy's Monday, so that if questions arise while you discuss arrangements, you can call me and I'll just ask Wendy!"


(If you want to volunteer to work a shift, you can try adding a comment to this blog post or just e-mail Karen.  Dick Jordan, who is leaving Ashland, Oregon Saturday will see if he can come up with a "shift calendar" either for the blog or Facebook after he returns home unless someone else has figured out a simple way to do so).



No comments: