Friday, August 27, 2010

Wendy Practices Her New Dance Routines (8/26/10)

In case you didn't receive Wendy's e-mail, here's the latest on her bum leg:

Dear Friends,
 
I had my one week follow up today and all is progressing as it should.  I got all 15 staples out (didn't hurt) and can now take the brace off to do very mini bends of the knee twice a day. I have a lighter sleeker brace that is more comfortable and I can even lift it myself a bit.  And best of all I can take a shower using a shower chair as of tomorrow! 
 
I have been overwhelmed by the cards, phone calls, emails, visits, loans of equipment, and gifts of food, flowers and help.   I am so grateful to have such good friends.  Bill and I are deeply appreciative of all you've done.  "I get by with a little help from my friends."
 
I look forward to teaching you all the two latest dances, the Wendy Wobble and the Wheelchair Wiggle when I see you!
 
(BTW, please use our Comcast email address (bdreskin@comcast.net), not our AOL email address, for sending us emails, and update in your email address book.  Our AOL is just used for group emails because Comcast has technical issues with us sending out group emails.  Thank you!)
 
Love,
 
Wendy

No comments: